Google search engine

The remains of a 29-year-old taxi driver has been found with a rope tied to his neck at Mankessim Jedu Divisional Police Command in the Mfantseman municipality of the Central region.

The deceased, 29-year-old Kwame Egyama, a.k.a. Big Money, according to Onua News sources was stopped by the police on Friday, September 1, 2023, but refused to stop. Two days later, the police found him and chased him with a bike and got him arrested.

Reports indicate that Big Money was also an interning with Mankessim-based Coastal FM. According to Nana Yaw Asare, Onua News’ Central regional correspondent, the taxi driver called his car owner and informed him of the incident where he rushed to the police station.

READ ALSO: Two police officers interdicted over death of a suspect in cell

After engaging the officers, the car owner promised to pay any amount the police were demanding and headed home to get money back to the police station. But about 15 minutes into his departure from the police station, the car owner was called and informed that Kwame has hanged himself with a rope in the police cell.

The car owner revealed that the officers had carried the body to the morgue without the consent of any relative of the deceased by the time he returned to the station.

Mother of the deceased, Abena Manu, who suspected murder bewailed that her son was the family’s breadwinner and promised to invoke her gods with libation to deal with whoever is beyond his death.

Moses Ocran, Kwame’s father, wants the police to explain how his son got a rope to hang himself in the cell.

He is surprised his son’s remains had been deposited at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital morgue without the family’s consent.

Mr. Ocran is calling on the IGP, Dr. George Akuffo Dampare, to intervene in the matter to fish out perpetrators of such heinous crime to get  justice for his son.

READ ALSO: Mankessim murder suspect Nana Clarke leads police to exhume two more bodies of persons he has allegedly killed