Dr. Justice Srem-Sai is Deputy Attorney-General
Google search engine

The Deputy Attorney-General, Dr Justice Srem Sai has said that the disclosures made by his boss, Dr Dominic Ayine during the press conference on March 24, on Mr Kwabena Adu Boahene, is only a tip of the iceberg.

According to him, investigations into alleged corruption by the former Director General of the National Signals Bureau, are still ongoing and the outcome could be very revealing.

“We haven’t put out even 50% of the evidence we have. Have we published the list of the 15 companies we mentioned? Some of the properties are in the UK, we have not published that. What we have published are the ones in only the Greater Accra Region,” he stated on TV3’s Ghana Tonight show with Alfred Ocansey on March 24.

According to him, investigations are still ongoing,

“We have arrested 15 suspects, some have been interrogated and granted bail, some are still in custody. Mr Adu Boahene and his wife have been granted bail to the tune of GHC260,000 each. The investigations continue,” he said.

The Attorney-General Dr Dominic Ayine while Addressing a press conference in Accra on Monday, March 24, said the Financial Intelligence Centre is tracking the accounts owned by Mr Adu Boahene and his wife due to suspicion of unexplained wealth.

Investigations have also established that money mostly proceeds of crime from Advantage Solutions Limited and BNC Communications Bureau Limited and other similar sources have been transmitted under very suspicious circumstances through the bank accounts of these companies.

The investigations have revealed so far that the suspect and his wife have registered companies which we are currently tracking, there are about ten companies we are tracking that they created with Advantage Solutions mostly owning all the companies. For purposes of the investigations that is ongoing, we are not going to disclose those companies.

“But I want to warn any executive, director or employee of each of the companies knowing that Mr Adu Boahen has been arrested. if they make movement of assets we will track and arrest them and prosecute them,” he explained.

Dr Srem Sai added that although records exist to show that some information technology equipment and software have been paid for by Mr Adu Boahene on behalf of his former outfit, investigators are yet to sight the machine.

“We are yet to see any machine,” he told Alfred Ocansey.

WATCH: Facebook

Meanwhile, the lawyer for Mr Adu Boahaene, Mr Samuel Atta Akyea has criticized the approach adopted by the Attorney-General as a travesty of justice,

He condemned the resort the court of public opinion instead of following due process of law.

“We are seeing through the dastardly agenda that let us in the court of public opinion besmear Kwabena and Angela with filth and guilt so that in the event of a court of law, equity and good conscience should find the case of the Attorney-General as propaganda and not evidence, we can feed frenzy to the citizenry that yes indeed, it is the NPP judiciary that is setting the innocent free. We will pursue justice for our Clients. We are undaunted,” he wrote in a press statement issued in reaction to the press conference by Dr Ayine on March 24.

READ ALSO: Attorney-General is operating in the realm of emotion and party-frenzy – Adu Boahene’s lawyer