Residents of Nsane near Ayaase in the Assin South district of the Central region have been stunned by the shocking murder of a 15-year-old school girl by yet-to-be-identified assailants.

The deceased, Priscila Attaa Botwey affectionately known as Attaa Kakra was found lying in a supine position naked, with her head chopped off, and lying at a distance of about three metres away from the body in a bush on the outskirts of the village.

The body which was in a decomposed state was found with her attire covering the neck where it was chopped.

READ ALSO: McBrown’s first statement on Onua TV as Media General staff

The deceased was said to be 5 months pregnant and a JHS 1 pupil at Assin Jakai Basic School and also living with her grandparents in the same town.

Information gathered by Assin Fosu-based Rich FM’s Adwoa Kwanimaa uncovered that on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at about 10am, the deceased was seen arguing with her boyfriend, Nana Yaw, a Taxi driver who station at Abura Dunkwa over the pregnancy.

Since then, the deceased and her boyfriend were not found again in the town until Sunday, March 12, when the deceased body was found in a bush with her head cut off.

Meanwhile, the bereaved grandfather, Joseph Yankson, had earlier reported to the Nyankumasi Ahenkro Police command about the missing of her granddaughter for four days without results after searching for her whereabouts.

However, one Kojo Boadi, a farmer and also a resident of the town had reported to him that when he was going to his farm, he came across flies hovering around a particular location in a bush, and when he stretched the neck, he saw a human body lying down dead.

He further accompanied him to the exact location and found out that the said person was his missing granddaughter who has been gruesomely murdered.

READ ALSO: Four remanded into prison custody for buying stolen phone of murdered soldier

A team of police officers from Nyankumasi Ahenkro led by Detective Lance Corporal Nii Armah Ashitey, upon receiving the information swiftly proceeded to the scene, took photographs of the body and same was kept for evidential purposes.

The body has since been deposited at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital morgue for postmortem pending further investigation.

Police have therefore assured the general public to remain calm while efforts are being made for the perpetrators to be arrested.