Google search engine

A high occupancy yutong bus transporting passengers from Tarkwa to Accra caught fire and burnt completely at Kasoa in the Central region. 

Even though all passengers on board exited the vehicle safely before it was completely engulfed by flames, they lost several belongings to the fire.

Preliminary investigations by the Ghana National Fire Service suggests the fire was ignited by fuel leakage.

The bus with registration number GT 5190-17 and belonging to Imperial Express, a private owned transport operator had over 49 passengers on board who were traveling from Tarkwa in the Western region to Accra.

The bus however caught fire upon reaching Ngleshie Amanfro in the Ga South municipality of the Greater Accra region.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: 14 students from Wa Sec. Tech. hospitalised after two fire outbreaks

Some occupants of the bus say they heard a blast sound from the rear part of the vehicle where the engine was installed and followed by flames.

Though the Kasoa Fire Service dispatched operation men to the scene on time upon receiving a distress call, they could salvage virtually nothing.

Onua News sources say the driver detected the leakage but refused to fix it and refueled the bus despite calls by passengers for the driver to stop and get the fault fixed when the air condition in the bus was not working.

READ ALSO: Kumasi: Victims count their losses in a fire outbreak that burnt five cars, six mechanic shops at Asokwa