But for disciplinary and voluntary reasons, no security official has left the Jubilee House to their respective units, the Director of Communications at the Office of the President has said.
A Eugene Arhin-signed document comes after rumours emerged that some 77 security personnel who were previously stationed at the Jubilee House had to quit and revert to their original units due to unfair treatment meted out to them at the Office of the President.
But in a statement debunking the allegations, it said no security officer has left the Jubilee House under the reason being spread on both social and traditional media, but rather, officers leave either on their own volition or through disciplinary action.
READ ALSO: Jubilee House ‘down!’
Mr. Arhin has subsequently implored the public to reject the rumours since it lacks evidence.
“The Office of the President would like to put on record that at no point in the tenure of Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, from 2017 till date, have seventy-seven security personnel left Jubilee House to their respective units. Indeed, no security officer has left Jubilee House because of “unfair treatment” meted out to them at the seat of the presidency. Curiously, at no point in Mr. Owusu’s submissions did he provide any evidence whatsoever to buttress these false claims.”
“It is important to stress that any security officer who has left Jubilee House has either been due to disciplinary reasons, or as a result of a voluntary decision made by the security officer in question. We urge the public to disregard these false claims, and treat them with the contempt they deserve,” a statement signed by Eugene Arhin Sunday, September 3, 2023, noted.